What to wear?
– Wear winter running clothes. Also a swimming suit is recommended under if you do not want to run half the competition in wet clothes. You should wear gloves to prevent the ropes burns and the ice cutting your hand. read more here: gear and clothing
Do I need a backpack
– No. Of course, you can take a backpack, but there is a 2 service points on the way, and if you want, drop bag will be delivered there.
What kind of shoes should I wear?
– Offroad running shoes or some others that are good at cross-country and offroad run. Don’t wear normal sneakers, but also the boots good. spikes and studs must not be for safety reasons.
How warm is the water?
– No It’s not! It’s cold!
Is there a chance to get dry during the race?
– The service point has a tent where you can warm up and dry yourself during the race.
What to do when it’s cold?
– Run harder and do more work, 100 pushups will help to help if it’s too cold. Remember also to take care of your energy.
Can I skip an obstacle?
– Yes, but in Warrior- and Fitness Squads there will be a penalty that will definitely slow down more than doing an obstacle or even attempting. In a team competition, any member of the team can help or do the obstacle for a teammate. For Challenge Squad there is no penalty.
How do I know where to run?
– The route is marked well in the forest. If you find that no one has gone here yet and you are not the first competitor, turn back your own steps and go back to the previous obstacle. Even if you are the first one you should see route tapes.
When should I be there?
– Friday night and Saturday morning is a mandatory competitor info the duration is 30 min. Here we go through security issues and everyone must attend. For teams is enough if one has participated in this.
How do I get a competitor number and bib?
– On Fridays from Äkäshotelli from Competition info or on Saturday morning from our info desk at the race start.
How do I prepare for cold water?
– Enjoy nice spring hole in the ice swims.